Real Estate Attorney in Dallas
Serving Rockwall and Other Areas Throughout Texas
For some, a real estate transaction is the biggest financial decision they have ever made. They might be buying a home for the first time, selling a home after their kids have moved out, or turning a profit by improving the property and selling it for an upgrade. For others (i.e. business owners, investors, etc.), a real estate transaction is a regular occurrence, but it carries just as much financial significance.
No matter the circumstances surrounding your residential or commercial real estate transaction, we urge you to let our attorney at The Cramer Law Group oversee the transaction and ensure your decision is advancing your best interests. In addition to transactions, Attorney Michael Cramer also handles real estate disputes, tax considerations, zoning laws, and more.
What Does a Real Estate Attorney Do?
A real estate attorney is a legal professional who specializes in various aspects of real estate law. Their primary role is to provide legal guidance, advice, and representation to clients involved in real estate transactions and disputes. Here are some of the key responsibilities and functions of a real estate attorney:
- Property Transactions: Real estate attorneys assist clients in buying, selling, or leasing properties. They review and draft contracts, purchase agreements, lease agreements, and other legal documents to ensure that the terms are fair and in accordance with local and state laws.
- Title Examination: Attorneys conduct thorough title searches to verify the ownership history and legal status of a property. This is crucial to ensure that the property can be legally transferred and that there are no hidden liens, claims, or encumbrances.
- Due Diligence: Attorneys help clients perform due diligence by investigating the property's history, zoning regulations, land use restrictions, and any potential legal issues that could affect the transaction.
- Financing and Mortgages: Real estate attorneys work with clients to negotiate and review mortgage agreements, ensuring that the terms are clear and fair. They can also assist in refinancing and structuring creative financing arrangements.
- Land Use and Zoning: Attorneys advise clients on local zoning regulations and land use laws, helping them navigate the legal requirements for property development or redevelopment.
- Real Estate Litigation: In cases of disputes or disagreements related to real estate, such as boundary disputes, landlord-tenant conflicts, or breach of contract, real estate attorneys represent clients in court and handle negotiations to resolve these matters.
- Easements and Rights of Way: Attorneys help clients establish and understand easements (the right to use another person's land for a specific purpose) and rights of way (the legal right to pass through another person's property).
What Our Law Firm Can Do for You
A real estate transaction of any type or size can have long-lasting legal and financial implications. With The Cramer Law Group on your side, however, you will have all the information and resources needed to make the smartest possible decision for your future. When you need real estate lawyers near you, call us for a free consultation.
If you are buying or selling real estate, Mr. Cramer can:
- Explain the terms of your contract
- Complete title searches
- Resolve issues with the title (such as a lien)
- Protect you from hidden liabilities
- Review applicable zoning laws
- Write title insurance policies
- Help you understand your tax obligations
- Represent your interests during negotiations
- Review all documents before closing, including your mortgage, purchase and sale agreement, title, transfer documents, and more
- Attend and oversee your closing, ensuring the transaction is legal, binding, and in your best interests
- Handle the transfer of funds
- Answer all your questions, from beginning to end
Our Dallas real estate lawyer handles cases involving both residential and commercial real estate. Commercial real estate has additional factors to consider, especially regarding zoning laws, landlord/tenant disputes, land development, construction law, local statutes and regulations, and more. With extensive experience in business law, Mr. Cramer can help your company make the best possible decisions regarding the acquisition and sale of warehouses, office spaces, retail stores, and other commercial properties. The firm also handle real estate disputes of all kinds, representing consumers, investors, and business entities of all types and sizes.
Mr. Cramer helps both landlords and their tenants in a variety of real estate issues. From drafting leases and handling evictions on behalf of landlords, to representing tenants who have been evicted or are going through the eviction process, our real estate lawyers at The Cramer Law Group can assist you in protecting your rights. All legal issues involving landlord/tenant disputes must be carried out in accordance with local ordinances and state and federal laws and regulations. Proper notices and disclosures must be filed correctly and specific time limits apply, particularly in eviction proceedings. Mr. Cramer can help landlords through the legal process or represent tenants who have been improperly evicted. Our Dallas real estate lawyer pay attention to the details of every matter and draft strong legal documents that pay attention to the law and the unique needs of every real estate transaction or dispute.
Do not leave the outcome of your matter up to chance. Retain Michael Cramer’s dedicated legal services by calling (972) 833-8330 or contacting us online to speak to our real estate lawyers near you. Our office provides free real estate consultations in either English or Spanish!